Saturday, May 06, 2006

What's Growin' On: 5/6/06


Berries & Blooms

Realization Of The Day:
It's time to start thinking about Turtle Deterrent Tactics. Since my older strawberry bed has turned into a sad, grass-clogged mess, I won't be getting much of a harvest this year. So I am extra determined to win the Battle Over MY Berries!

NOTE: As you may have noticed, I usually post something here each day, but not at a set time (life on the farm). If you don't feel like checking in only to find that nothing new has sprouted, I invite you to subscribe to In My Kitchen Garden.com. You will then receive a daily email that includes all recent posts. You can read the emailed posts (they even include any links I've put in to the text), or you can click on links in the email that will bring you here (where you will be able to leave/read comments). To sign up, simply enter your email address in the box at the top right of this page.

1 comment:

  1. Hello -- just found your blog last week and have already picked up a lot -- I even had green garlic with my cheese tortellini for dinner the other night - yummy. I was also inspired to go back and plant more lettuce between my original rows.

    Coincidentally I just came in from admiring my strawberry bed when I checked your blog. It is its second year and my daughter and I diligently pinched all the blossoms last year. This season they are setting just a ton of fruit. We do have a creek about 25 feet from the garden so I will definetly look out for turtles -- I had never considered them a garden pest before! Oh - I garden just outside of Louisville, KY.

    ReplyDelete

March 2013 update: My apologies for the inconvenience - I know word verification is a pain - but I've had to turn it on to help stop the ridiculous number of anonymous spam comments I've been getting every day. Thanks for your understanding.

Welcome to InMyKitchenGarden.com! Thanks so much for taking the time to write. While I'm not always able to reply to every comment, I receive and enjoy reading them all.

Your feedback is greatly appreciated, and I especially love to hear about what's going on in your own garden. I know, too, that other readers also delight in reading about your garden successes, failures, helpful tips, and lessons learned. Feel free to leave comments on older posts!

I try my best to answer all questions, but sometimes it takes me a few days to get to them. And sometimes, I'm sorry to say, they fall through the cracks, and for that I sincerely apologize.

I look forward to hearing from you and hope you enjoy your visits to my kitchen garden!