Sunday, October 31, 2010

10/31/10: Decorating the Kitchen Garden for Halloween

Decorating the kitchen garden for Halloween
Boo!


Is your garden still giving you treats?


Want to see more spooky stuff?
10/31/06: Boo!
10/31/07: Scare Cat
10/31/10: Happy Halloween!

10/19/06: High Wire Act
4/27/08: A Sunday Feast & a Mysterious Owl (more owl photos here)

© 2010 FarmgirlFare.com, the frightening foodie farm blog where a couple of very blustery days ago, this piece of floating row cover actually flew up into that tree and the garden decorated itself. I thought it was perfect—until I realized I was probably going to tear the row cover into pieces while wrestling it back to the ground (it was really tangled up in the branches!). Fortunately my hunky farmguy rescued it while I wasn't looking—or maybe it was the goblins. Do you have goblins living in your garden?

3 comments:

  1. Not that I know of, but we do have plenty of spiders that do their own decorating for Halloween in the form of huge, awkwardly placed webs that I invariably walk right into. Eeee!

    Of course, the same could be said for our house. I give up on getting rid of spider webs right about now and just call them festive decorations. It's all in how you spin it. (Geddit? Spin it, spider webs? Just a little lame holiday humor for you there.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't have goblins...I have gremlins. They do sneaky little things, like move tags, take bites out of things here and there,and dig strange holes. They live nicely all year out there, but they're lazy. They won't help me take down the garden now that winter is approaching. I think that's rude, don't you? But yesterday I did manage to harvest the last of the pole beans, some more green tomatoes, 2 small cucumbers and several peppers. I have one nice Jarradale pumpkin to harvest yet but I can't tell if it's ripe. Jarradales turn from green to silver when ripe and mine is still greenish. They have great taste for pies or anything using pumpkin. They are an heirloom pumpkin from New Zealand and Australia.
    We had No goblins at the door last night.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love your post, well what i really love are the pictures, i´ve been saw all of the them years ago, but i was never write something to you, cauze im from Culiacan, Sinaloa, Mexico and my english is not so good, sorry if you dont understad what y wrote but just keep publishing your pics.. u have a very special place.

    ReplyDelete

March 2013 update: My apologies for the inconvenience - I know word verification is a pain - but I've had to turn it on to help stop the ridiculous number of anonymous spam comments I've been getting every day. Thanks for your understanding.

Welcome to InMyKitchenGarden.com! Thanks so much for taking the time to write. While I'm not always able to reply to every comment, I receive and enjoy reading them all.

Your feedback is greatly appreciated, and I especially love to hear about what's going on in your own garden. I know, too, that other readers also delight in reading about your garden successes, failures, helpful tips, and lessons learned. Feel free to leave comments on older posts!

I try my best to answer all questions, but sometimes it takes me a few days to get to them. And sometimes, I'm sorry to say, they fall through the cracks, and for that I sincerely apologize.

I look forward to hearing from you and hope you enjoy your visits to my kitchen garden!