Friday, July 24, 2009

Garden Journal 7/24/09: How To Beat the Summer Heat


You Simply Sleep Through It

Realization of the Day:
At least somebody's getting some use out of my potting bench this time of year.

I hope you have a very relaxing weekend!

© Copyright 2009 FarmgirlFare.com, the siesta taking foodie farm blog where the one advantage to living in an area that's constantly being deforested is that you can often buy rough cut lumber from local sawmills for a ridiculously low price—but after several years it starts to reach warp factor six. I don't consider this a problem—more like an excuse to build a whole new potting shed where I'll be able to not only do my dirty work but display some of my vintage garden treasures (photos of them hopefully up soon) as well. If nothing else, it's something to dream about during those siestas.

5 comments:

  1. Cats are so carefree and hysterical. This captures their lightheartedness perfectly! If only everyone could loll around like that all day, or at least take an afternoon siesta sprawled out on a bench...

    Cheers,

    *Heather*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why do I suddenly feel like taking a nap?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Susan,
    I am from Nebraska and just signed up to be a blogger on blogspot. I love your site and will check back often to see what is going on in your world.

    The Garden Lady

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an absolutely adorable picture!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't tell you how inviting that pose looks right now!

    -Aly

    ReplyDelete

March 2013 update: My apologies for the inconvenience - I know word verification is a pain - but I've had to turn it on to help stop the ridiculous number of anonymous spam comments I've been getting every day. Thanks for your understanding.

Welcome to InMyKitchenGarden.com! Thanks so much for taking the time to write. While I'm not always able to reply to every comment, I receive and enjoy reading them all.

Your feedback is greatly appreciated, and I especially love to hear about what's going on in your own garden. I know, too, that other readers also delight in reading about your garden successes, failures, helpful tips, and lessons learned. Feel free to leave comments on older posts!

I try my best to answer all questions, but sometimes it takes me a few days to get to them. And sometimes, I'm sorry to say, they fall through the cracks, and for that I sincerely apologize.

I look forward to hearing from you and hope you enjoy your visits to my kitchen garden!