Sunday, May 14, 2006

What's Growin' On: 5/14/06



Realization Of The Day:
Wild multiflora roses are blooming all over the farm (because, unlike most farmers, I do not try to eradicate them, as they are the only roses that will grow here--and without any effort at all on my part). Their abundant flowers, tinged with the palest of pinks, let off a beautiful fragrance that permeates the air far beyond the enormous plants. One of the best parts of spring is being outdoors and suddenly catching that very first intoxicating whiff. It is always such a welcome surprise.

Click here for two ways to love multiflora roses.

Happy Mother's Day!

I hope to have a chance to catch up on comments and questions tomorrow. Thanks for your patience.

1 comment:

  1. I have some wild roses that have invaded the forsythia at the back of my yard. Their fragrance is quite strong and I enjoy them very much until the canes grow out past the hedge and snag me while I ride the tractor.

    ReplyDelete

March 2013 update: My apologies for the inconvenience - I know word verification is a pain - but I've had to turn it on to help stop the ridiculous number of anonymous spam comments I've been getting every day. Thanks for your understanding.

Welcome to InMyKitchenGarden.com! Thanks so much for taking the time to write. While I'm not always able to reply to every comment, I receive and enjoy reading them all.

Your feedback is greatly appreciated, and I especially love to hear about what's going on in your own garden. I know, too, that other readers also delight in reading about your garden successes, failures, helpful tips, and lessons learned. Feel free to leave comments on older posts!

I try my best to answer all questions, but sometimes it takes me a few days to get to them. And sometimes, I'm sorry to say, they fall through the cracks, and for that I sincerely apologize.

I look forward to hearing from you and hope you enjoy your visits to my kitchen garden!